How to Clean Outdoor Tiles?
Outdoor tiles – are the outlook of our home which adorns and gives a feel of a well-designed home. Every individual is meticulous about the looks of one’s home and especially the projection.
Despite choosing the right tile, maintenance is very important. Durability, charm, and glam of the outdoor depend on maintenance. Maintenance depends on the type of Tile you choose. Every category of material needs specific care to bear the wear and tear of nature as they are directly projected to nature.
Regular dusting and mopping followed occasional maintenance with mild soap and vinegar solution will enhance the durability and looks. Avoid deep cleansers and chemicals. The general rule is to keep the space well maintained with regular dusting, mopping, remove any seen stains immediately, do not let moisture sit on the tiles.
To be noted are 3 surfaces – Porcelain, Wood and Solid Stone. Each of these is to be maintained with different techniques.
Cleaning the porcelain tiles
- Porcelain Tiles – Sweep the tiles with soft bristle broom regularly
- Clean the tile with warm water weekly once
- Clean it with wrung mop such as not to leave any excess water sitting on the tile
- Mix 1/4 cup of Vinegar with 2 gallons of water
- Stir well and cleanse the tile with this mixture monthly once
- You can also choose to use Porcelain cleaner which is readily available in the market
- Mix 3 to 4 cups of this solution to 5 gallons of water.
Follow the above-mentioned tips in precious if these Tiles are leading to the entryway of your house. And especially, a bit more of dusting and moping might be required to track the dirt and dust into the home. Avoid rude and unfriendly chemicals or brushes.
Cleaning the wood tiles
- Wood Tiles – Regular dusting at least twice a day or immediately when any dust is spotted
- Do this with a mild bristled broom
- Wash the Tile with water and mild soap every month
- Avoid scratchy mop and make sure not leave water residues
- Use the drained mop to clean the floor
- Make sure to remove any soap residues
- Deep clean the tile twice a year
- You can buy the cleaner from the market which contains sodium hypochlorite
- Sodium hypochlorite will prevent mold from growing on the tile
- Ice and salt on the wood tile can damage the Tile permanently. Thus cleaning it immediately is quite important not allowing it to sit longer.
Cleaning solid stone tiles
- Solid Stone – Granite, Marble, Limestone & Slate
- Dry mop these tiles twice a day to avoid scratches
- Try to use soapless cleansers on this stones to avoid streaks
- Mop in small circles to clean the dirt
- You can use bleach to remove any algae or moss, but not direct
- Mix 4 tablespoon of bleach with 2 gallons of water
- Stir well, use a sponge to cleanse the affected area. Post which cleanses the area with ample water to remove the soap and harsh cleanser
- And then dry mop it with a mop. Avoid using vinegar, lemon or acids on these stones.
These were a few methods through which you can clean the outdoor tiles effortlessly.